Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy 1/4 Century Birthday to me!

Here I sit, newly aged to 25 years. My husband is getting a thorough workout on his new Nintendo Wii and I am enjoying a nice view of snow falling. From the time I can remember, I cannot think of it snowing on my Birthday once. I was so happy when I saw it start to fall. What a way to start the day!? My birthday has been rather nice this year.


The festivities all started on Thursday when Tyler had flowers waiting for me when I got home. With my big day so close to Thanksgiving, I never really get to spend much time with my flowers when we travel, so he got them for me early this year. They are beautiful Stargazer Lilies with pink daisies and roses. He even arranged them himself, bow and all :) They are beautiful and more and more are blooming each day. He also had my presents wrapped and ready to go, which I thought was cruel and unusual punishment to be able to see them, but not open them.

Friday kind of snuck up on me. I was ready for the week to be done. The kiddos are already in holiday mode, so it was all for the best that the week was coming to an end. The morning pretty much flew by. 5th Hour was coming to an end and when I dismissed the class, I had a visitor. It was one of my co-workers who "needed computer help". Supposedly, her screen had gone blank when she was entering grades and she didn't know what to do. Now this is a woman who I know can handle computer problems, but this was a major one. So I went down to her room and opened the door and there were my co-workers from my grade who were giving me a Surprise Birthday Lunch. It was so nice. They brought in fruit, chips and salsa, Italian Beef, Brownies and my Quarter Century Cake complete with candles. It was such an unexpected surprise. I have never really had that before for a birthday. And then the kids got wind that it was my birthday and they were singing fools for the rest of the day.

Friday night came and we went to see Stranger than Fiction with Will Farrell. My goodness, that movie was funny, but sad as well. It was a nice change of pace for Mr. Elf.

Saturday, I slept in only to have Tyler tell me that I needed to start the day :) So we got ready and went to Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks. The wait was that of a Christmas weekend, but we snagged a table in the little bistro area and had a nice Lunch. Then we went out and got some wine and appetizers for later. The shrimp we bought were huge and ridiculously priced, but so worth it.

Josh and Audra came over and the boys watched the Ohio State/Michigan game while we went out shopping for a bit. I found a couple pairs of pants that I wanted and then we came back to get ready for dinner. We had 8:00 dinner reservations at SilverCreek. SilverCreek is a beautiful restaurant and the food was great! After we changed into some comfortable clothes, we headed out to Legends Bar and Grill on campus. We knew it wouldn't be too busy and it wasn't. The drinks were good, so all was ok :)

So I feel like I have written a novel already.... more to come later :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im happy you had a good birthday =D