Saturday, November 11, 2006

End of two Seasons... beginning of another...

It is that time of year again... the time of year where we do not know if we will see the ever inspiring Chief again. NCAA says he is hostile. We see him as a sign of loyalty. Tyler and I have closed out another season, well two actually. We were very lucky to have gone to Game 4 of the World Series. It was a spectacular night (cold as can be), but we had a great time. And then today, in 30 degree weather, we watched the Illini lose another football game. This year we got Season tickets for football and had a good time, even though they lost miserably most of the time.

Christmas season is nearing once again. I have the ever faithful list of maybe gifts ready in hand. Trying to shop for so many can be a challenge, but I take it on and try to do a nice job with it. We were in TN for Thanksgiving and IL for Christmas, so I should have some good shopping opportunities.

Also, the first weekend of December, I am taking an album class from Miss Ali Edwards herself! I am taking her Perspectives class. I see it as being a time for reflection before I move into the next stage of my life. I turn 25 in a week and we are buying a house in the Spring, so I see this as good of a time as any to reflect back on where I came from and where I am going. I am completely psyched about meeting this creative force. I need to really sit down and work on the "homework" before I get too busy to do a nice job on it before the class.

That same day we are going to a showing of "It's a Wonderful Life" at the local theatre in town. We are taking Tyler's parents with us. They started a tradition decades ago about watching this movie for the holidays, and we thought it would be nice to see it on the big screen.

Creativity is calling, so I am heading out. Thanks for reading... whoever you are :)

-L

No comments: