Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week 3: Install Magnetic Door Stop

Week 3: Install Magnetic Door Stop

Week 3 was supposed to be about installing new ceiling lighting to our laundry room and closet. We set out to do this only to find a broken dome in the package. I ran off to Lowe's to exchange the lighting and we pushed this project back to next week. While I was gone, Tyler installed our new magnetic door stop in the Master Bathroom.

I am pretty much a big time clutz. I bump into things, bruise and generally hurt myself a few times a week. One of my daily bumps was coming from the bathroom door in the mornings. We have a single sink in our BR and this means sharing the sink with my large shouldered hubby. I move myself over as far as I can to the side to let him do his thing but it never fails, that darn door gets me. To solve this, I found a magnetic door stop to keep the door from coming open when our robes get in the way. Here is the before:

As you can see, it was not a functional space. So we needed to make it better. I had seen these in a mail-order catalog and then happened upon them at Home Depot later on. I think I paid about $6.50 for it, saving at least $3 from what the catalog was charging. I think it turned out great and no more bumps have taken place.... yet :)

Here is the after:

and the zoom out:


Week 3 Goal: Attempt lighting again

No comments: