Sunday, February 24, 2008

A great weekend...

This weekend I did what I thought might be impossible.... I went skiing! My knee held up just fine for the 10 hours or so I was on the slopes. I am so thrilled. When my surgeon diagnosed me a little over 18 months ago, I thought there wouldn't be a chance that I would be on the slopes again, but I was.... and I was fast. Such a good feeling.

We went up with a couple of friends from High School that are near and dear to our hearts and had a blast. Our tradition is to go to Devil's Head Resort in Wisconsin and this was a record year. Usually we deal with ice and artificial snow, but there was a wonderful base and great conditions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow gorgeous picture

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture!

Anonymous said...

As I sit here in a knee brace, I feel your pain lol. Glad you were able to go skiing without incident. Beautiful photo.