Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kamakura Dining Review

Saturday night with my sister and brother-in-law in town from Virginia, and my sister-in-law from southern Illinois, we found ourselves around the table of the teppan grill at Kamakura Japanese Restaurant. We were first put into the "waiting room" for almost 25 minutes past our reservation. That was a bit unnerving, as we had a newborn with us. After we were seated, things went well for the most part. Holly and I spilled some soup on us trying to cut mushrooms, but it was all good.

The grilling started and things were heating up. A grilled volcano was the show stopper. Our chef was pretty funny. I had the sirloin with fried rice. It was so good. Carrots, zucchini, onions, soy sauce = yum! I had never been to Kamakura before this, even though we have lived in town for more than 7 years :) I think we will definitely go back!


Overall Grade: B

No comments: