Saturday, May 31, 2008

School's Out for Summer :)

Let the Games Begin. School Bus Races Commence. Game on! Yesterday was the last day of school for my district. Report Cards went out, hugs were given, tears were streaming. This year was especially hard. When I began teaching, there were 7 new teachers coming in with me to our building. One in particular stuck out and we became quick friends.

Over the years, she has become my closest friend and I love her dearly. This year was her last with me. She has decided to find a position closer to home so that she can start a family and be both a wonderful teacher and a wonderful mother and I am so happy for her. But... I will miss her like crazy. We were always paired together by our students as the funniest or the best... and then there was one. Don't get me wrong, I wish the best for her, but I had every intention of duct-taping her to her chair so she couldn't leave yesterday. Didn't happen, but we are all good.

In other news, Ty took off the afternoon to be with me yesterday and it was so nice just having him around when I was hurting. He has been a rock lately for me. I am so lucky to have him. This weekend my older baby sister moves into town with her boy toy. I think we are in over our heads with her :) Don't worry, Mom, I will take good care of her. Not much else is going on. I am going to go in to work to do some consultant work Tuesday and then we start Summer School the 9th. Yay for extra money.

I really do love teaching all the different grades in Summer School. It is something completely different from my regular job and I adore the little ankle biters :)

No comments: