Tuesday, August 8, 2006

What a pain in the KNEE!


Today was my appointment with my orthopedic surgeon. Too bad I won't be having his services any time soon. That's right. Today I found out I have significant wear and tear of the knee cap. It will hurt me off and on for the rest of my life. An option is major knee surgery with all the bells and whistles. He didn't offer the surgery. He told me he couldn't guarantee that the surgery would make it better.

I am a complete mess. I feel like I have been given a life sentence. My knee won't get worse; it won't heal; it won't develop arthritis. It will just hurt like the dickens several times a year or month or day. I am now going to start an exercise program to strengthen my legs and get into the best shape I can to take pressure off as much as possible. This just isn't what I needed.

Second opinion you may ask... Well I thought about that until I remembered I was with the Head Team Physician for the University of Illinois... I think he has his credentials in order. Enough blabbering from me. Any happy thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: