Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chicken Caesar Salad

Tonight we had a great salad. I have come to the decision that for our family of 2, a packaged salad is the way to go to cut down on waste. So after a long afternoon at the pool, I stopped by the store to pick up a salad, chicken breast strips, french baguette and some dessert. 

At home, I took the salad package and put it right in the fridge. On the stove, I scrambled 2 eggs with a little milk and then mixed in the chicken breast. When heated through, I put the lettuce in a bowl, topped with chicken and scrambled eggs, added some romano caesar dressing, topped with parmesan flakes, crutons and salt and pepper.

I served this with a side of warmed french bread and butter and it was Delish! Nothing like a good salad in the Summer and so easy!

For Dessert, I picked up some angel food cake and fresh strawberries. I decored the strawberries, put a half cup of sugar on them and let them marinate for a few hours to get nice and juicy. Cut a couple of slices of the cake, put them on a dish and set up with a heaping of strawberries. Yum!

No comments: