Sunday, July 23, 2006

What a Weekend!


Well this weekend, I took the plunge. I decided to make my first skydive jump at the World FreeFall Convention in Rantoul, IL. And without fail, I got hurt. Now this is in no way going against my instructor, Kip, but landing at the speed we did, I felt the need to put my feet down instead of landing on my bottom. And then it happened, I landed on my ankle instead of on my feet. Now knowing my knee situation, you can imagine that my family thought that I blew my knee out, but I didn't. Just a bad sprain. No biggie!!

In other words, we had a blast. Courtney and I were the first tandem jumpers of the convention and it truely was the experience of a lifetime. It was euphoric falling through the air at 120mph, and CRAZY! I was very calm through the jump. It didn't even feel like I was falling. Very nice feeling!

The family had a good time this weekend. Good food and good company. Good times!

The picture is of Bergie, my videographer. More pics to come soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them.

Must see the video, too! :D

So with the bum knee AND ankle, what on earth am I going to do with you? Get lots of rest and ice it, love!

Anonymous said...

that weekend was so much fun Lindz!! It was so cool to see you guys jump I cant wait till I can do it too!=D Hope your ankle and knee are feeling better!!